The Choral Project (TCP) is seeking a part-time Development Manager to lead all aspects of the organization’s fundraising and development, working closely with TCP’s Marketing Director and reporting directly to the Chairperson of TCP’s Board of Directors.
- Planning and executing TCP’s annual development strategy, including developing and coordinating an annual calendar of fundraising activities, taking into account for now at least, the limitations imposed by COVID 19.
- Preparing and managing up to three annual direct mail appeals seeking individual contributions and matching corporate gifts.
- Managing major donor cultivation and engagement activities, including ensuring that donor gift recognition and donor benefits (e.g. complimentary ticket orders and priority seating) are appropriately handled.
- Working with the Marketing Director to ensure all public communications and graphic design work adhere to TCP’s brand standards.
- Planning, managing, and/or assisting with special TCP donor events.
- Preparing monthly development activity and status reports for the Board of Directors.
- Researching and cultivating relationships with foundations for potential grant applications.
- Writing and submitting grant applications.
- Ensuring that all grant requirements and deadlines are met, including submitting grant reports, as required.
- Acknowledging all donor contributions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Managing and monitoring the organization’s donor record system with the assistance of the Office Manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent
- Three to five years of relevant development experience, preferably with nonprofits and arts organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including expert use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Effective at self-management, collaboration, and multitasking.
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel, Zoom, and Google Docs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a part-time position. The Choral Project assumes responsibility for withholding all taxes and state disability insurance for all of its employees. No other benefits are included. The initial contract period is five months (February 1st through June 30) and would be renewable. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, current resume, three current references (with an email address and phone numbers), and samples of work from relevant previous experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is January 1, 2021.
Start date is February 1, 2021.